I imagine that you already verified that you are pregnant, although I do not doubt that many may still be doubtful. Perhaps because they have not had their period, but they have not had a pregnancy test or because when the implantation of the new family member to the wall of the uterus happened, they had a little bleeding and can be mistaken for the arrival of menstruation. But I will tell you that your baby is already 5 weeks in mom's gut (counting from the first day of the last menstruation) and it is growing in your belly. Do you know that these days his heart already starts to beat?
I inform you that already this week the embryo can be seen in an ultrasound, with a approximate size 2 to 3 millimeters, similar to that of a sesame seed and its appearance is still more of a tadpole than a baby.
Little by little the tail disappears, which resembles it more to a mammal, and the neural tube that will be the spine of the baby at birth develops. It is made up of the three layers of cells called: ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm, which will later form your organs and tissues.
In this week 5, the placenta and the umbilical cord also begin to function, from which the embryo will be nourished and receive oxygen. Blood vessels develop, which connect to your bloodstream, and amniotic fluid begins to be produced to protect the baby while it is inside the gut. And I inform you that already this week, your baby's heart is formed from the mesoderm layer, with its 4 cavities, which begins to beat and pump blood.
The hands and feet appear, which are very tiny, and the lungs and digestive system (gallbladder, pancreas and intestines) develop. The ectoderm will form the neural tube, from which the brain, spinal cord, nerves and spinal column will develop.
This week the discomfort and sensations that you may have had in week 4 remain:
- Feeling tired, fatigued and sleepy more than usual.
- You may have nausea and vomiting, which can become a real nuisance in some women, as the condition called hyperemesis gravidarum (frequent vomiting) can occur, which can usually last during the first trimester of pregnancy. This can compromise the general and hydration status of the new mother, in some cases having to hospitalize for parenteral treatment and improve general conditions.
- You can too feeling the sensation of larger and somewhat sore breasts, by the production of hormones such as progesterone and estrogens, responsible for increasing blood flow to moms and preparing them for when it comes time to breastfeed.
- As for your abdomen, there will still be no major changes, but you can have the feeling that your clothes are a little tighter.
If you still have doubts and are not sure that you are pregnant, despite having done the tests, seek a consultation with your trusted gynecologist, who will confirm or not whether or not you are really pregnant. He or she will give you the necessary indications or will indicate the paraclinical exams that you should take. What to do when they confirm the good news?
- If you have a husband or partner, go together, like this daddy also gets involved and empowering when it comes to parenting.
- If you have already confirmed that in a few months you will be a beautiful mother, you must start taking care of yourself, since the first weeks are very important and crucial for the growth and development of your baby inside the tummy.
- I advise lead a life as stressful as possible. Avoid cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol.
- Follow the instructions of your gynecologist regarding the intake of vitamins, especially folic acid, which is required for the formation of the baby's central nervous system.
- If you want, you can involve the family as soon as you have confirmation that you are pregnant.
- Keep up your work, exercise and social life activities as long as there are no contraindications from your doctor.
- And start giving a lot of love and encouragement to that little treasure that God gave you.
You can read more articles similar to Week 5 of baby in mommy's gut. Your heart starts to beat, in the category of Stages of pregnancy on site.