When a woman knows that she is pregnant, she may experience some fear of sudden changes in her body or of some signs that may seem suspicious to us, which she has never experienced before because these can pose a problem for her condition.
Have heavy flow At the beginning of pregnancy it is very common among pregnant women and is considered normal, although it may lead us to suspect at first that it is a loss similar to the rule or some infection. How many minor reasons can worry us during pregnancy!
Early in the first pregnancy, many women feel the needing to go to the bathroom constantlyas they have the feeling of having suspicious vaginal leaks. This unusual increase in cervical mucus is normal and is due to hormonal changes that occur in the pregnant woman's body.
The so-called 'leucorrhoea' is characterized by being a whitish discharge with little odor and milky appearance which is a normal and expected sign in a pregnancy due to the effect of placental hormones and the manufacture of the mucous plug that protects the womb from possible infections.
- When it can be caused by a vaginal infection.
- In the case of a very watery flow once we have passed the embryonic phase.
- If it is due to a fissure or premature rupture of the membranes and that would require medical supervision and could imply an obligatory rest for the rest of the pregnancy.
- If it has a bad odor or is greenish or intense yellow, as it may represent a fungal or bacterial infection that should be treated before delivery.
To avoid the discomfort of this increased body flow, it is recommended:
- Keep the genital area clean and dry
- Increase hygiene measures when the flow is more abundant
- Use hygienic wipes, protectors or cotton pads for our panties
In the last weeks of pregnancy, one of the tests performed is a vaginal smear to rule out possible type B streptococcal infections that can be transmitted to our baby through the birth canal, although it does not have to pose a risk with proper treatment.
Surely, you will also notice a heavier vaginal discharge the closer to delivery, this will probably be thicker and stickier and may even be accompanied by some streaks of blood. This flow is produced by the progressive or sudden loss of the mucous plug that protects the womb and becomes detached when the cervix begins to blur and dilate for childbirth.
Patro Gabaldon. our site
You can read more articles similar to Changes in vaginal discharge during pregnancy, in the category of Stages of pregnancy on site.